Friday 15 August 2014

Custom logger for TestNG

Another small post on TestNG custom logger. I have a TestNG test suite that runs for hours doing through integration tests. Now at the end of the test run I can see testNG reports and see what failed and what passed, however I get no response during the test run as to if all tests are failing due to some configuration issue or its a normal test run. This is happening due to a fact that its basically only 1 test with DataProvider providing different test parameters. If you have separate tests then yes you will get messages for each test.

Anyhow I wanted a custom TestNG logger which logs a message that I understand at the end of each test and here is a way to do so.


Extend TestListenerAdapter class and override a few methods.


Add a custom Listener to your testng xml config:


and wola I get the much needed indication on the std out:



No comments:

Post a Comment